Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mediterranean-Inspired Chicken Wraps and Vegetable Couscous


Couscous, where have you been all of my life?  Sadly, this lovely gem was not a part of my household until I began making food for my daughter.  I knew about couscous, but never really came across it in a ton of recipes.  While reading a baby food cookbook, I noticed couscous as a recommended food for babies.  I love introducing new foods to my daughter - so I bought a box for her.  While feeding her, I found myself eating most of this delightful dish.  I love it because it's so simple, healthy, and versatile.  Enjoy this easy and delicious dish for a quick weeknight meal, or a yummy lunch treat!  Wishing you best dishes and yummy dreams!

xoxo,



Chicken and Hummus Wraps

Flatbread wraps (I buy light sundried tomato)
1 package of chicken tenderloins, or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
Hummus (We love Sabra original flavored hummus)
Greek vinaigrette dressing (or any other salad dressing - we like to use a light Italian
Mixed greens and tomato

Marinate chicken in the salad dressing for an hour.  Cook the chicken in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, or on the grill in a grill basket.  Spread the hummus on a wrap, place the chicken and lettuce on the hummus and wrap it up!  *Optional:  You may want to add some feta cheese


Vegetable Couscous

1 zucchini
1 red pepper
1/2 onion
5 Cremini mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
1 box of wheat couscous
olive oil
salt


Slice all veggies and saute them in a pan with a tablespoon or two of olive oil.  Prepare the couscous on the stove according to box directions.  Add in sauteed vegetables, a tsp. of salt, and any other seasonings you might like!  You can put this couscous inside of the wrap, or eat it alone.


4 comments:

MissieLee said...

You seem to be zooming right along with your blog -- good job!

I've been gifted with some couscous, but haven't made it yet -- I'm looking forward to trying it, though.

Little Mommy Kim said...

Thanks Missie!

Mary said...

Kim, check out this blog by a lady from PA. She does a Monday Menu party that goes up on Sunday nights. She seems to have a lot of folks who participate. http://stonegable.blogspot.com/

Little Mommy Kim said...

Thanks Kek - will do! I have just the recipe for it!!