You all know I love a lil' Mexican food! Enchiladas are one of my fave, but the canned sauce just doesn't cut it. So, I tried several recipes that I found online until I tasted the best one... tweaked it a little (cause you know I have trouble following the "rules")... and I'm sharing it with you! It's so easy and yummy - it's a keeper in our house!
Wishing you best dishes and yummy dreams!
Easy Red Enchilada Sauce
Makes enough sauce for 15 enchiladas
2 Tbsp. canola oil
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 c. chili powder
4 c. chicken broth
1 c. tomato sauce
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. oregano
3 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. cayenne
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Heat the oil and cornstarch in a sauce pan on medium. Stir until combined and mixture is smooth (paste-like).
2. Add chili powder and stir. Let the mixture bubble for a minute.
3. Slowly add chicken broth and stir.
4. Add the tomato sauce, salt, cumin, oregano, sugar, cayenne, and cinnamon.
5. Simmer the sauce on low until it thickens.
When making enchiladas, I combine sauteed chicken, onions, jalapeno and tomato with Adobo, wrap the mixture in a corn tortilla with a small amount of enchilada sauce mixed in. Then, I pour the sauce on top of the enchiladas. Top with lots of cheddar and pepper jack cheese, of course! Yummm!
Thanks for reading, loves xo